- open textbooks,
- electronic textbooks,
- open access
Textbooks represent a significant portion of the overall cost of higher education in the United States. The burden of these costs is typically shouldered by students, those who support them, and the taxpayers who fund the grants and student loans which pay for textbooks. Open educational resources (OER) provide students a way to receive high-quality learning materials at little or no cost to students. We report on the cost savings achieved by students at eight colleges when these colleges began utilizing OER in place of traditional commercial textbooks.
- Baile WF, Buckman R, Lenzi R, Glober G, Beale EA, Kudelka AP. SPIKES—A Six-Step Protocol for Delivering Bad News: Application to the Patient with Cancer. The Oncologist. 2000;5(4):302-311. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1634/theoncologist.5-4-302
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Child and Adolescent Schedule. Official site. 2017. URL: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/child-adolescent.html
- Ukrainian Ministry of Health. Vaccination schedule. Official site. 2014. URL: http://www.moz.gov.ua/ua/portal/pmdec1.html
- Blundell A, Harrison R. OSCEs at a Glance. Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell; 2013.
- Hollingworth A, Rymer J. OSCEs for MRCOG Part 2: A self-assessment guide. London: Hodder Arnold; 2005.
- Patel K, Tatham K. Complete OSCE Skills for Medical and Surgical Finals. London: Hodder Arnold; 2010.
- Hurley KF. OSCE and Clinical Skills Handbook. Toronto: Elsevier; 2011.
- Iwata K, Ali A. Psychiatry Finals: EMQs and OSCEs. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing; 2008.
- Burton N. Clinical Skills for OSCEs. Banbury: Scion Publishing; 2015.
- Mansbridge C. OSCE communication skills. OSCEstop. 2012. URL: http://oscestop.com/long-url-example/it-ofcorse-shouldnt-work-at-all/just-testing-url-wrapping/osce_communication.html
- Burton NL, Birdi K. Clinical Skills for OSCEs. London: Informa; 2006.
- Bora S, Heah T, Thakore S. OSCEs for Medical and Surgical Finals. London: Hodder Arnold; 2005.