Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
The text employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines and OSLS's Grammar and Spelling Guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor). An exception to this would be that of articles that are a translation of an article previously published in Oñati Socio-legal Series.
- A biographical note of the author is provided, including affiliation, postal and email contact details, and an ORCID number.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- The abstract is a comprehensive summary of the aims of the research, the methodology or methodologies used and the main findings or contributions to the field.
Our policy is that the author retains copyright, but articles are made available under a Creative Commons licence. The Creative Commons Non-Commercial Attribution No-Derivatives 4.0 licence is our default licence, further details available at http://creativecommons.org/ If this is not acceptable to you, please contact us. Use of this licence means that you are free to republish the article in this version or revised, however, we ask that you cite this version and provide a link to its location. The licence also allows others to use and copy the article, but only with acknowledgement, and for non-commercial purposes. The article will be stored both in our repository and in the Social Science Research Network (SSRN), from which users will be able to download it. Hence, data on the number of times the article has been accessed and downloaded will be available and displayed on SSRN.
The permission you grant to us includes the rights to disseminate the bibliographic details of the article, including the abstract supplied by you, and to authorise others, including bibliographic databases, indexing and contents alerting services, to copy and communicate these details.
The Copyright Notice showing the author and co-authors, and the Creative Commons licence will be displayed on the article, and you must agree to this as part of the submission process. Please ensure that all co-authors are properly attributed and that they understand and accept these terms.